We are campaigning to make it easier to walk and cycle in Southwark during the pandemic (read more about the campaign here).
Here are three ways you can get involved:
Use our templates to email your councillors
Send councillors a ‘Thank you’ photo
Upvote suggestions on the Southwark Commonplace maps
1. Let your councillors know you care
Southwark Cyclists, along with groups across Southwark, have been campaigning for the council to implement measures to reduce traffic, encourage active travel and reduce air pollution. A short personalised email to your councillors can amplify this message. Our templates will get you started.
- Keep your email polite and friendly to contrast with the angry emails councillors will also receive from people discontent about the changes.
- If you have any questions or would like to share a response, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask your friends and neighbours to write an email as well by pointing them to this page. The more councillors see this is an issue of concern, the more pressure they’ll put on council leadership.
2. Send your councillors a ‘Thank you’ photo
Photo by Crispin Hughes
Southwark council has been making it easier to walk and cycle (we are tracking progress here). Let you councillors know you support the schemes by sending them a photo. A photo shows them the difference they are making in the lives of their constituents. Use our template to send a ‘Thank you’ photo.
If you don’t have a photo to send, take a look at the templates below instead.
3. Support schemes on the Southwark Commonplace maps
Southwark is using Commonplace to capture feedback on the trial Streetspace measures. Leave your feedback on the maps below and support comments you agree with.