Quietway 1: Lynton Road to Rothsay Street: Current situation
- Compared with 2014, 34% more cyclists are using the Q1/LCN22 route along Lynton Rd and Willow Walk
- Motor traffic has also increased, particularly turning left from Lynton Rd, up from 44/hr to 110/hr, a 150% increase. This means 2-3 left-turning vehicles on most light phases.
- 88% of cyclists leave Q1 at the end of Willow Walk. Only 12% are using the new path through to Webb St and the re-aligned crossing of Tower Bridge Rd to Rothsay St.
- This raises some interesting questions, including:
- Why has motor traffic increased on Lynton Rd?
- Have problems with pedestrians at the Tower Bridge Rd crossing put cyclists off using Q1 west of Willow Walk?
This is a summary of a report by Bruce Lynn, mostly based on visits at morning peak Jan 27th and 28th 2016
Full report is here: Evolution of Quietway 1
Data from counts is here: Q1_counts_Dunton_TBR