As reported here …. https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonCycling/ there is danger at the oval.
Our intrepid Francis headed down there with TFL and this is the result ……….
“All thanks to Charlie and others for info. We had a meeting today with Tfl about safety concerns Southbound Brixton Road. They are looking into see what can be done.
Current layout is not the final design. I note the following feedback from cyclists I’ve met on site and others:
- segregated cycle track does not allow access to the current ASL at lights
- Cyclists have difficulty moving into the appropriate lane position before entering the junction to go “straight ahead” (cyclists observed hand signalling right to go straight ahead).
- “left turning” vehicles are cutting across cyclists whilst cyclist change lanes to go “straight over” the junction.
- Confusing (existing) white line markings may give drivers the impression that cyclists travel towards Camberwell New Rd only (blacken out?).
- Could better advanced warning signage for temp layout be used (merging signs?)
Click here for pictures – Oval – Brixton Road – Spot Report v1