Southwark Cyclists has established a cycling joint work group. We have identified our aims and objectives. We share this information and more about the working group here.
Aims and objectives
To identify, agree and monitor a programme of targeted interventions to encourage greater numbers and a wider range of people to cycle, more often, more safely in Southwark.
To be attended by:
– Southwark Council – Cabinet Member for Transport, Environment and Recycling (Chair)
– Southwark Cyclists
– Southwark Council – Transport Planning (secretariat)
– Southwark Council – Planning Policy (as required)
– Southwark Council – Public realm
Guests will be invited to attend as required.
Bimonthly or as otherwise agreed.
Roles and responsibilities
- to agree a common approach to provision for cycling in Southwark
- to identify potential routes for cycling away from busy roads
- to identify permeability improvements for cyclists across the network
- to identify and promote innovative approaches to cycling provision
- to agree a 5 year action plan to increase opportunities for cycling in Southwark
- to monitor the delivery of the action plan
- to act as a sounding board at the pre-consultation stage for projects included in the Council’s Transport Investment programme
- to review and comment on cycle related training, education and publicity programmes.
- to review and comment on cycle parking provision both on-street at destinations and on the estates and streets where people live.
- to recognise the need to increase levels of cyclist safety on Southwark’s main roads and to influence that process.